Bwin.com

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-07 21:40:55

fwnyfegb

KeyboardEvent; import flash.ui

Search.
Tag Archives: Game.
Older posts.

Welcome back to the second part of my “Top-Down RPG Shooter” flash game tutorial

In the.

We set up a new project and linked it to an external Document Class

and we added the Player to the stage.
In this tutorial, we’re going to program keyboard controls to move the player.

We are going to make use of a really great open-source class called “KeyObject.as“

This class was written by a talented developer named.
It provides a really simple but powerful way to check which keyboard keys are pressed.
package {   import flash.display.
Stage;  import flash.events.
KeyboardEvent;  import flash.ui.
Keyboard;  import flash.utils.
Proxy;  import flash.utils.flash_proxy;   /**   * The KeyObject class recreates functionality of   * Key.isDown of ActionScript 1 and 2   *   * Usage:   * var key:KeyObject = new KeyObject(stage);   * if (key.isDown(key.
LEFT)) {.
}   */  dynamic public class KeyObject extends Proxy {   private static var stage:Stage;  private static var keysDown:Object;   public function KeyObject(stage:Stage) {   construct(stage);  }   public function construct(stage:Stage):void {   KeyObject.stage = stage;   keysDown = new Object();   stage.addEventListener(KeyboardEvent.
KEY_DOWN, .

KeyPressed);   stage.addEventListener(KeyboardEvent

KEY_UP, keyReleased);  }   flash_proxy override function getProperty(name:*):* {   return (name in Keyboard).
Keyboard[name] : -1;  }   public function isDown(keyCode:uint):Boolean {   return Boolean(keyCode in keysDown);  }   public function deconstruct():void {   stage.removeEventListener(KeyboardEvent.
KEY_DOWN, .

KeyPressed);   stage.removeEventListener(KeyboardEvent

KEY_UP, keyReleased);   keysDown = new Object();   KeyObject.stage = null;  }   private function keyPressed(evt:KeyboardEvent):void {   keysDown[evt.keyCode] = true;  }   private function keyReleased(evt:KeyboardEvent):void {   delete keysDown[evt.keyCode];  }  } }  How do we use this class.
Basically, we’re going to create an instance of it called “key” in our Player class (or wherever we need to access the keyboard controls).
Then in that class, .

We can check the Boolean value of the keyObject’s isDown() function for specific keys

We can refer to keys by their unique . For example, if key.isDown(65) returns true, it means that the “A” keyboard key is currently being pressed.
, , ,    Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,.
Hello everyone.
If you’re reading this.

That means you haven’t given up on AS3GameTuts

despite . Thanks for your patience.
Today I’m going to start up a brand new tutorial series that I’m really excited about.
How to make a top-down RPG shooter game.
This tutorial is going to be slightly faster-paced than my previous tutorials.
If you haven’t programmed before, I’d recommend starting with my , and then proceeding with the  before you attempt this.
We will be coding using AS3 in external .as files, instead of using the timeline.
, , ,    Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,.
PSS.

If you want to be more involved in the AS3GameTuts community

join the forum, here:.
,    Tagged , , , , , , , , , , ,.
As I announced in the , I am extremely busy right now.
Luckily for you, a member of the community has already stepped up and written a Part 13 for this side scrolling tutorial.
In this tutorial, you’ll learn to create “bumper” objects for your enemies to interact with, which will let them patrol back and forth.
You’ll also look for collisions between the player and the enemies, so you can take damage in your game.
Cool.
I’ll hand it over now to the newest guest writer around here,  (thanks, Ed!)   Ben covered creating enemies and making them disappear when they’re shot in , so in lucky lesson 13, in this guest tutorial, I’ve picked up where the last lesson left off in the side scrolling platform game.
, , ,    Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , ,.

Creating the Enemy class is very similar to creating the Bullet class

If you just read  and , .

Most of this step will look the same as when we made the Bullet class and symbol

, , ,    Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,.

Although we did get some functional bullets  by using the Bullet class

we still need to make some major improvements.
First of all, the bullets are added directly to the stage and have no idea about the scrollX and scrollY variables, so they don’t react when the player moves left, right, up, or down.
Also, the bullets move at a sluggish pace — if they did react to the player’s movements, you could practically outrun them.
Finally, they are never actually removed from the stage, so we waste precious memory that slows down the game.
Imagine that we fired 1,000,000 bullets.
The game would still be keeping track of all of them, constantly updating their positions, even if they are no longer on the stage.
There’s some more code we can add to the bullets to handle all of this, and we are going to implement it in this tutorial.
, , ,    Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,.
After adding the  last time, the next step is to make the door lead to the next level.
“How?”, you might ask… just read on to see the magic unfold.
, , ,    Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,.
pretty much finished up the bare-bone mechanics and visuals of a basic platformer.
So I figured with this tutorial we’d start adding various extra features to spice up the game.
This time, we’re adding a collectible key to the level, as well as a locked door which it will open.
This door might be the end of one of your levels, which in turn might load a new level afterwards (although we aren’t coding multiple levels in this tutorial — just the door and key which will allow for this in the future).
Make sure you’ve read up through  of the series.
, , ,    Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,                          Older posts                          on the App Store for relaxing bubble-popping and 50 characters to unlock.

On the App Store for dozens of brain-twisting puzzle challenges

on the App Store for cute, reflex-based fun.
Sign me up.
Monthly Archives        Select Month    July 2013  (1)   June 2013  (1)   May 2013  (2)   November 2012  (1)   September 2012  (2)   July 2012  (1)   June 2012  (2)   May 2012  (1)   April 2012  (2)   March 2012  (1)   February 2012  (4)   January 2012  (3)   November 2011  (2)   September 2011  (4)   August 2011  (3)   March 2011  (3).
Post to                                                                     bloggers like this:.

Board footer