Bwin Forum

Bwin.com

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-12 01:41:27

MichaelRan

just remove the “/” from your OU name

Saturday, September 05, 2020.
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop Service cannot add AD machine account during Machine Catalog update.
Here are more details    Working on a Machine Catalog and trying to add VDA failed with the following error message:         A case has been opened with Citrix and after multiple exchange and review by Dev, I was told that this is a bug due to a specific thing.
In fact, the customer has a “/” character in the OU name where the VDAs should be created and this makes the AD machine creation failling.

If we specify an OU in an LDAP path like “OU=DesktopVDAs / XenDesktop”

the forward slash will make the whole thing fail.
Solution is the escape forward slashes in the path however, .

Within Studio it’s currently not possible for customer to do it

Another solution I found is that you can manually create the VDAs in your AD OU and after just use the option Use existing Active Directory accounts         I also think that using PoSH script could help but I did not test it.
So if you have this type of issue.

No need to call Citrix or create a support case

just remove the “/” from your OU name.

The weird thing is my case is that the OU was renamed and customer never told me …

Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops on-premises migration to Citrix Cloud and Microsoft Azure                                   NEW.

Maintain Your Certification with the Citrix Recertification Program!

May 3, 2017                                                   XenMobile: Script to modify Inactivity Timer.
October 27, .

2017                                                   XenMobile Mail Manager 10.1.5.11

July 11, .

2018                            Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published.
Required fields are marked Comment Name   Email   Website   Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Archives        Select Month    August 2020    July 2020    May 2020    February 2020    January 2020    October 2019    September 2019    August 2019    July 2019    May 2019    April 2019    March 2019    February 2019    January 2019    December 2018    October 2018    September 2018    August 2018    July 2018    June 2018    May 2018    April 2018    March 2018    February 2018    January 2018    December 2017    November 2017    October 2017    September 2017    August 2017    July 2017    June 2017    May 2017    April 2017    March 2017    February 2017    January 2017    October 2016    August 2016    January 2015         Categories  Select Category  2 Factor Authentication  ADC  ADFS  Award  Azure  Backup  Bug  Certificate Based Authentication  Citrix  Client Properties  Cloud Service  CTP  CUGC  Disaster Recovery  Event  GSLB  Horizon  Intune  iWatch  MDX  Meraki  Microsoft  Migration  NetScaler  Office 365  Okta  optimizer  Patches  Podio  redhat  RollBack  Script  Secure Apps  Security  ShareFile  Site-to-site  SMS Gateway  SMS Passcode  SQL  StoreFront  synergy  Tools  Virtual Apps and Desktops  Visio  VMware  Xenmobile  XenServer.
Subscribe                                                                        Privacy & Cookies: This site uses cookies.
By continuing to use this website, you agree to their use.
To find out more, including how to control cookies, see here:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Theme: News Portal by.

Board footer